The ever-evolving field of neuroscience is providing clearer insight into how leaders everywhere can foster safe, healthy, and highly productive workplaces with a basic understanding of
how their employees’ brains and nervous systems work.
High levels of employee stress have been shown to:
- Increase workplace injuries.
- Heighten the risk of heart attacks.
- Increase mental health problems.
- Create more conflicts.
- Increase the number of employee sick days and absenteeism due to a suppressed immune system.
- Increase the frequency and severity of MSI injuries.
When we better understand the chemistry of human emotions and their effects on
the brain and nervous system, the direct relationship between the
workplace environment and employee performance becomes clear.
to read the full article by Theo Heineman;
Founder of 1Life Workplace Safety Solutions, published for OHS Magazine.