How to sign off on Safety Talks, SWPs and Other Documents
Digitally signing your documents within mySafetyApp is a huge time savings and a great step towards improving your due diligence.Some of the benefits of digitally signing documents are:
- The signed document is attached to the employees profile. In three clicks you can see ALL the documents an employee has signed.
- As documents improve over time, the exact document that an employee signed is saved to their profile. Never worry again which version of a document an employee signed.
- You can see all signed documents anywhere, any time within the mySafetyAssistant portal.
- Any and all documents can be uploaded and signed off on, they do not need to be only safety documents.
Watch the Video or Follow the step-by-step-directions
Step 1 — Uploading your documentsIf your documents are not in mySafetyAssistant, the first step is to upload them. This can be done by following the steps in Uploading a New Document.
Step 2 —Publish your documentsFor documents to be visible on the mobile application they need to be published.
- Click on Documents in the main navigation
- Open the folder the files are in
- Ensure that the “eyeball” is green, if it is orange you need to click on it to publish
Step 3 – Open the documentOnce the sync has completed, the document will be on the mobile device. To find the document you want to sign off on you:
- Click on the documents folder
- Click on the folder that the document is stored in (in this case we want to review a Safety Talk)
- Click on the name of the document
Step 4 – Sign the DocumentThe document will open up and you will review it with your employee(s). Once you have reviewed the document and there are no concerns you will:
- click on “sign” in the upper right corner
- Click a project that this document sign off should be filed against.
- Sign the document as the person that has conducted the document review
- Anyone else that is present will click on “Additional“, find their name and then sign
- Once everyone has signed, click on “submit” in the upper right corner to finalize the document