Updating Existing Documents
From time to time, you will need to update documents in your mySafetyAssistant document library. You always want to update an existing document versus uploading it as a new document. By updating an existing document you:
- preserve the history of the document
- previous versions are archived and can be reviewed at a later date.
Watch Step by Step Directions
Steps to update a Document
Finding the Document
To update an existing document:
- click Documents from the main menu bar
- expand the folder to find the file you want to update.
Replacing the Document
For the document you want to update, click the Pencil Icon on the right side of the page in the same row.
To update the file, click on the Replace Document button.
You will then work through the wizard to upload the new version of your document. You need to:
- click on the Select Document button and select the file you want to upload
- Click on the Upload all button to upload the file
If you make any changes to the name of the document or the file associated with this record it will create a new version of the record which will be displayed in the table at the bottom of the page. You can then download any previously uploaded documents or see the history of the name changes from within this table. You can also review the previous versions of the file.
Additional Update Options
You can also update other properties while you are uploading a new version of a document. Specifically, you can:
- change the name of the record
- upload a new file to replace the old one
- change which group the document is stored within
- update the expiry date
- publish / un-publish the document
- assign it to employees for review
- assign it to a label