Course Length: 1h
Course Cost: $25 *Bulk Pricing Available
Who Requires Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Injury (MSI) Awareness Training?
Because so many workplace injuries are a result of poor ergonomics, legislation and guidelines have been established to help ensure the safety of workers in Manitoba.
The Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Regulations place strict requirements for the many aspects of MSI prevention in the workplace. These requirements include the necessity for risk assessments, control measures, and training of workers.
Course content is specific to the requirements of Manitoba workplace safety & health legislation and includes:
- • What the terms ergonomics and musculoskeletal injuries mean
- • Why it is important that you take the task of lifting and handling materials and workstation setup and posture seriously
- • The types of hazards and unsafe practices that can result in serious long term injures injuries
- • The wide variety of occupational injuries that can result from repetitive motion, vibration and improper positioning
- • The types of exercises and stretches that you can perform to help prevent muscle skeletal injuries
- • The safe way to set up your workstation and to perform lifting and handling of materials
- • The consequences to you and your organization when safe practices are not followed
Questions? We have answers.
You don’t learn everything by reading safety regulations. So if you have questions about 1Life services, getting started, implementation or anything else, please ask. Our highly trained team is ready to help you!