Course Length: 1.5h — 2h
Course Cost: $25 *Bulk Pricing Available
Who Requires Fall Protection Training?
Falls from heights are a major cause of work related fatalities and injuries in Canada.Every time you use a ladder or through some other method, work off the ground, you are placing yourself at risk of falling unless control measures are used.
If you’re like many people, you may believe that your past successes working at heights with no incident means it will never happen to you! Unfortunately, that’s what many people have thought. This course was created to help you understand why it is important that you take work at heights and the use of fall protection systems seriously.
Course content is specific to the requirements of Manitoba workplace safety & health legislation and includes:
- • Why fall protection is important (case studies)
- • The types of hazards that can lead to a fall
- • Planning for safe work at heights (risk assessments)
- • When fall protection systems must be used
- • Types of fall protection systems
- • The components of a fall protection system and how to inspect them
- • Donning and fitting of personal fall protection equipment
- • Injuries and rescue plans
- • And more!
Important note: This training program is designed to provide theoretical and awareness based knowledge. Practical, hands on training must also be provided by a competent person in all instances where workers are required to use Fall Protection.
Questions? We have answers.
You don’t learn everything by reading safety regulations. So if you have questions about 1Life services, getting started, implementation or anything else, please ask. Our highly trained team is ready to help you!