Course Length: 3h — 4h
Course Cost: $50 *Bulk Pricing Available
Who Requires Workplace Safety & Health Representative Essentials Training?
Under the Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health Act, every workplace that regularly employs 5 or more workers is required to have a Workplace Safety and Health Representative. By law, all Representatives must be trained in their responsibilities. Workplace Safety & Health Representatives play an important role in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, therefore, it is important that they understand the many benefits of a safety management system to your organization.
Course content is specific to the requirements of Manitoba workplace safety & health legislation and includes:
- • Workplace safety and health responsibilities for the various workplace parties such as employers, supervisors, and workers
- • The duties of Workplace Safety & Health Representatives
- • The benefits of a safety management system to employers and workers
- • The general requirements of the Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act
- • The importance of Workplace Safety & Health Representatives and the internal responsibility system
- • The requirements for handling worker concerns, conducting workplace inspections, communication and documentation
- • And more!
Important Note: To be able to perform their duties as Workplace Safety and Health Representatives it is highly recommended that all Representatives are also provided with Workplace Inspections and Hazard Awareness Training.
Questions? We have answers.
You don’t learn everything by reading safety regulations. So if you have questions about 1Life services, getting started, implementation or anything else, please ask. Our highly trained team is ready to help you!