Course Length: 2h — 2.5h
Course Cost: $50 *Bulk Pricing Available
Who Requires Supervisor Essentials Training?
All employees who direct the work of others are “Supervisors” under the Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health Act. Supervisors play an important role in incident prevention and as such are required to be trained in their responsibilities. Failure to train supervisors has resulted in serious incidents and employer fines.
Course content is specific to the requirements of Manitoba workplace safety & health legislation and includes:
- • The REAL COST of a workplace incidents
- • The Internal Responsibility System; Responsibilities of the various workplace parties
- • An overview of Workplace Safety and Health legislation
- • Due diligence
- • Handling refusals to work
- • Requirements of Supervisors for:
- — Controlling hazards
- — Regular workplace inspections
- — Incident reporting and investigation
- — Training of workers
- — Enforcement and documentation
- — Leadership and communication
Important Note: To be able to perform their duties as Supervisors it is highly recommended that any person required to direct the work of others is also provided with Workplace Inspections and Hazard Awareness Training.