Course Length: 1.5h — 2h
Course Cost: FREE
Who Requires Young Worker Safety Training?
5000 Young Workers Are Injured in Manitoba Every Year! Training and awareness is critical to recognizing potential safety hazards in the workplace. As a young worker, health and safety awareness should be important to you because:
- • It can save your life!
- • It is vital to prevent you from getting injured.
- • You need to be aware of potential hazards in a workplace.
- • You need to know what protection and compensation is available to you.
- • You need to know your fundamental rights as an employee!
Course content is specific to the requirements of Manitoba workplace safety & health legislation and includes:
- • Rights, responsibilities and accountability for safety and health
- • The benefits of a Safety Management System
- • How to report concerns and the right to refuse dangerous work
- • The importance of reporting hazards, near misses and incidents
- • The purpose and function of your Workplace Safety & Health Committee or Representative
- • The requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- • The requirements for working with hazardous materials
- • Basic safety rules and emergency procedures
- • The requirements for training in Safe Work Procedures
This program has been designed specifically to EMPOWER you with the basic knowledge you need to stay safe on the job.
It is important that you understand your rights and responsibilities for safe work so that you can return home safely to your family at the end of every workday and live your best life possible!
Award Winning Young Worker Safety Training Program!
Questions? We have answers.
You don’t learn everything by reading safety regulations. So if you have questions about 1Life services, getting started, implementation or anything else, please ask. Our highly trained team is ready to help you!