Smart Young Workers.
Are Safe Young Workers.
Course Cost: FREE
Too many Young Workers Are Injured Every Year! Training and awareness is critical to recognizing potential safety hazards in the workplace.
Empower Yourself with this FREE
Course for ages 15 to 24
- Rights, responsibilities and accountability for safety and health
- The benefits of a Safety Management System
- How to report concerns and the right to refuse dangerous work
- The importance of reporting hazards, near misses and incidents
- The purpose and function of your Workplace Safety & Health Committee or Representative
- The requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The requirements for working with hazardous materials
- Basic safety rules and emergency procedures
- Note: This course content is specific to the requirements of Manitoba workplace safety and health legislation