Uploading Training Documents
Uploading Training Records into mySafetyAssistant is a great way to store them so you can see which training each employee has completed. Any training records that are published can be viewed on the mobile app by employees with:
- Manager signing permissions
- Supervisor signing permission
- or the employee themselves
Watch Step by Step Directions
Steps to Upload Training RecordsClick the “Training” tab, then on the “Training Documents Library” tab, will take you to the training document library where you can see existing training documents and upload new ones.Training Documents are stored in groups. You manage groups by clicking on the “Manage Groups” button. Two common ways to group training documents are:
- by document types – a folder for each category of document type i.e. fall protection, first aid, etc
- by an individual – a folder for each individuals training documents
Working With GroupsWhat you see is a list of groups that you can store training records in. With groups you can:
- Add a new group by clicking the Add New Group Button and entering a name for your group
- Delete a group by clicking on the Delete button by the group name
- Re-order the groups by clicking on the Move button.
- Edit the name of the group by clicking on the Edit button.
- Order groups alphabetically by clicking on the Order Alphabetically button.
Uploading Training Records
- To upload a new training document (not replace an existing one) that does not have a previous version, press the ‘Upload ’ button (Cloud with an arrow). This will open a window which will allow you to select the document(s) from your computer.
- For each document you need to select:
- group to store the document in
- Set the date the training was completed
- Set the date the training needs to be re-certified by
- Click ‘Confirm’ once you’re done entering the details
Associating Documents with EmployeesTo have a training document show up on an employee profile (mobile and web app) you need to associate the document to them. An Employee can be attached to:
- All documents at once – click the “Attach To All Employees” button. This will open a window where you select employees by clicking “Add” and then the “Confirm” button. This will associate employee(s) to all the documents that were uploaded
- Attach an employee to an individual document – Click the “Attach” button by a specific document. This will open a window where you select employees by clicking “Add” and then the “Confirm” button. Employees are associated with that individual document.