Creating a New Form Template
The 1Life Software comes with a large library of ready-made templates to get you started. If you are not familiar with them, review this article on ready-made templates. There will be times when you will want to create your own form template (or edit a ready-made template) though.
Watch Step by Step Directions
Steps to Create a New Form Template
To view your form templates:
- Click on forms
- Click on My Form Templates
Working With Groups
What you see is a list of forms that you can edit, either copied ready-made templates or form templates you have created. Forms are sorted into groups to make them easier to find. With groups you can:
- Add a new group by clicking the Add Group Button and entering a name for your group
- Delete a group and all the forms in the group by clicking on the delete icon (trashcan) by the group name
- Re-order the groups by clicking on the up/down arrows. The order of the groups seen here is the same order seen on the mobile app
- Order groups alphabetically by clicking on the sort AZ button.
Creating a New Form
To create a new form in a specific group:
- Click Add Form button at the bottom of the specific group.
- Type in the name of the new form then, click the green check mark to save your changes.
You will automatically be taken to the form editing window where you will be presented with multiple options for your form template
- Group – Forms are sorted into groups to make them easier to find. You can change the group a form belongs to by selecting a new group name from the drop down
- Template Name – Name of the form template, this is the name that employees will see on the mobile app
- Require Supervisor Signature – Make a Supervisor signature required before a form can be finalized
- Require Manager Signature – Make a Manager signature required before a form can be finalized
- Allow Additional Hazards – Allows an employee to enter an additional hazard “on the fly”. Not all hazards may not be reflected/captured in the questions on the form, this allows employees to identify and document new hazards
- Allow Duplication – Controls if a previous form can be duplicated or not. You may want to turn off duplication for form templates that involved high-risk work. This would force the employee to create a new version of the form each time
- Set Template As Private – Restricts visibility of a form. When dealing with “sensitive” forms such as Disciplinary Action or Incident Investigations, you may want to limit who can see the form on their mobile device. When turned on:
- All web admins can see the form via the web portal
- Anyone that signed the form will see it on their mobile device
- If a form is assigned to you and you do not sign it, in the future you will not have access to it
- Going forward, all forms will be private. Previously filled out forms will still be visible to everyone. If you need to make an existing form private, you can edit the form and click on the lock icon to make it private
- Allow tags – you can allow the user that completes this form template the ability to add tags (meta data)
- Watchers – You can set up template watchers. a watcher is someone who will be notified by email anytime this template has been completed. They are not required to sign off on the form, it’s simply a notification. An example of this could be your HR manager is a watcher for any Incident Reports that are completed.
Questions are sorted into Sections to make them easier to understand. With Form Sections you can:
- Add a new Section by clicking the Add Section Button and entering a name for your Section. Click the check mark to save your changes
- Delete a Section and all the questions in the Section by clicking on the delete icon (trashcan) by the Section name
- Re-order the Sections by clicking on the up/down arrows. The order of the Sections seen here is the same order seen on the mobile app
You can add questions to your newly created sections via the ‘Add Question’ button. You can also:
- Delete a Question by clicking on the delete icon (trashcan) by the Question name
- Re-order the Questions by clicking on the up/down arrows. The order of the Questions seen here is the same order seen on the mobile app
- Add a new Question by clicking the Add Question Button
- You need to enter text for the question you are adding.
- Questions have a “Type”, read more below about the different Question Types
- Inspection Items have a ‘Pass / Fail / Not Applicable’ selection. In the event of a fail, employees will need to complete a “Corrective Action” for the specific hazard.
- Common Hazards are questions that will either be present or not applicable. If they are present you will need to complete a “Corrective Action”
- Text Fields are areas that allow the individual filling out the form to type or use speech to text to enter a response.
- Checkboxes are questions that are not mandatory and only require the individual to check the box pending the conditions described in the specific question have been met
- Yes / No questions are questions that require the individual to respond with a yes, no or not applicable answer. They can provide comments if desired
- Instruction question is a simple way of adding in textual information without requiring a response
NOTE: After you have added all your questions and sections it is time to publish the form so it can now be viewed on mobile devices.