Uploading a New Document
Some of the benefits of uploading documents are:
- One place to find all of your documents
- The ability to assign documents for review and then track completion
- Have employees sign safety talks, SWP, etc anywhere, any time on a mobile device
- Click a button and all employees have a new version of a document. Never update multiple binders again!
Watch Step by Step Directions
Steps to Upload Documents
To access your company document library, click Documents from the main menu. The document library contains documents either uploaded by your company admins or copied over from the 1Life Resource Library.[divider size=”20px”]
Selecting Files to Upload
To upload a new document or multiple documents into your Safety Management System, click the upload icon which looks like a cloud. You will see a window open that allows you to locate files on your computer for upload.[divider size=”20px”]
Click on the Select Documents button, select one or more document(s) you wish to upload and click Open.
Setting Document Properties
You will now see a new window open where you can set properties for each document you are uploading. There are four key permissions that can be configured for all documents at once or document by document:
- Group Name – the folder you will sort and store your files in
- Expiration Date – the date the document expires and needs to be reviewed or updated by
- Labels – assign documents to company roles as part of your training matrix
- Assign Employees – assign the document for review directly to one or more employees
Each of the items highlighted in red in the image above aligns with the next 8 items.
- Each document needs to be uploaded to a group. You can set the same group name for all documents being uploaded by selecting a group in Global Document Group.
- It is recommended that each document has an expiration date so that you can receive notifications when it is time to review your documents. We have defaulted the date 3 years from the date of upload as that is the recommended minimum interval. You can change this for all documents by changing the Global Expiration Date.
- If you have a document that needs to be uploaded to its own group, you can open up the file and select a specific group to upload for that one document only. In this case, we want our “Cell Phone Policy” to be uploaded to “Safe Work Policies & Procedures”.
- If you have a document that needs a different expiration date, you can change it for that document only by clicking on the calendar by the specific document.
- You can assign a label to all documents being uploaded. Click on the label icon and select which labels to apply to it. If you are not familiar with labels you should read this getting started article.
- You can add a new label or remove a global label for each file that is being uploaded.
- You can also documents to employes for review. If you want to assign an employee all documents for review, use the global option.
- You can add a new employee or remove a globally added employee for each file that is being uploaded.
When you are done setting up the properties for all of the files being uploaded, click next.[divider size=”30px”]
Final Document Review
You will now see a new window that displays the document upload queue that allows you to:
- review the documents you will be uploading
- rename a document before it is uploaded (by clicking the pencil by the name)
- remove a document so it is not uploaded (clicking the clear button)
Once your documents are ready to be added into mySafetyAssistant click the Upload All button. The ‘Queue Progress’ status bar will display the uploading progress. Once all documents are finished being uploaded, you will see a message stating how many documents were uploaded.[divider size=”20px”]
When a new document is uploaded, only web admins can see the document. For other employees to see the document in mySafetyAssistant or in mySafetyAssistant Mobile App you need to click the orange “not published” button to change the state to published.